The ACIHL aims to:
- Equip activists and humanitarians to become highly professional cadre of human rights activists and legal experts in international humanitarian law.
- Conduct a focused training program and hold workshops, conferences, roundtable discussions and meetings to promote and educate the humanitarians and human rights activists on the current issues and future developments that impact human rights and international humanitarian laws.
- Analyze and translate reports, studies and research that relate to the field of human rights and international humanitarian law.
- Form a cohesive network of legal and humanitarian organizations by collaborating with Arab, international, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Compose periodic reports that compare the level of conformity of the Arab Countries' internal laws with that of the international conventions in relation to international humanitarian laws and human rights.
- Participate in the development of a Pan Arab Human Rights Protection System following the example of the regional European, American and African systems
- Publish an Arabic journal that focuses on human rights and international humanitarian laws.